OPEN REMOTE POSITION Data Scraper
Be part of our remote teams and take on the challenge of scraping thousands of restaurants using our custom built toolsAPPLY NOW
FoodStyles is a new restaurant app which is set to completely change the way you search for food and restaurants - We gather information about all of the dishes in all of the restaurants into one big menu. We then filter that big menu based on your preferences, so that you only see the dishes that are relevant to you. Help us gather the information we need using our own custom build tools.
- Ability to understand requirements and apply your knowledge set to fetch data from multiple online sources
- Good level of English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate issues using the provided documentation and application logs
- Ability to describe situations accurately using a step-by-step approach
- Basic understanding of web applications structure
- Ability to work independently most of the time
- Ability to promptly report problems to the team
- Ability to be flexible around the schedule and attend team meetings often.
Nice to have
- Coding background is considered a plus
- Experience with HTML Code debugging in Chrome
- Experience with CLI (Command-line interface) tools is considered a plus
- Experience with Git (or similar source control systems)
- Use proprietary tools to scrape menu items from websites
- Investigate and report problems found during the scraping process either/or in the tools themselves
- Update the Web Scraping Tracking tool on a daily and weekly basis
- Develop a deep understanding of our vast data sources on the web and know exactly how, when, and which data to scrape, parse and store this data
- Work hand in hand with the team in creation, documentation and implementation of Scraping Processes
- Carry out additional responsibilities as requested by Line Management
- 100% remote work / work from home(no commute)
- Full time (with optional overtime)
- Flexible time(must complete 40 hours per week)
If you are looking for a new position with more flexibility and working on a really amazing project, please get in touch.
Why work with us?
FoodStyles is built on continuous improvement, transparency and maximum momentum. We've built a company we truly love working for, and we think you will love it too.
Fast and data-driven decision making
Building on sound data is the norm. Many decision are based on assumptions, experience and intuition in order to keep momentum. Being clear about what the grounds are for decisions creates faster and more precise learning.
Encouraging debate and avoiding compromise
Encouraging passionate factual disagreement while avoiding consensus creates faster and better learning. The best solutions are often just based on just one side of the argument and requires you to get behind someone else’s idea.
Be authentic and good
Bureaucracy and politics are needed when people lack purpose and passion. It slows you down, costs money and decreases quality. Being authentic means embracing mistakes, disagreements and learning in order to fulfill a purpose. Trying to do good and assuming that other people have good intentions creates positive energy.
While we encourage people to come to the office, you can work from any place where you are the happiest and most productive.
We offer a very competitive, above market salary, also the possibility to get share options after a trial period.
Get in touch
We would love to hear about you, your background and what you've been up to recently. It takes less than 3 minutes.
If you know somebody that we’ll hire, you will be rewarded €2000
(only applies for developer positions)