Open remote position Food Categoriser
We are searching for people who have a deep understanding of food ingredients and how food is prepared and cooked.APPLY NOW
As a freelance food categoriser, you will be working remotely on a daily basis and collaborate with our team. You will be given a list of restaurants and their menus and will be required to list every ingredient that is used in a dish based on the restaurant’s menu using our tools. You should also be able to categorise these dishes based on the company’s categorisation system.
Must have relevant experience as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Food Technology, Nutrition or a Diploma in Culinary Arts.
- Direct experience working with ingredients, dishes and menus
- Ability to break down dishes and recipes into ingredients and components
- A deep understanding of food ingredients
- Experience with Western, Eastern and Middle Eastern menus, dishes, and recipes
- Experience with creating menus and developing recipes
- A deep understanding of how dietary and allergy requirements affect the composition of a dish
- Have a desire to work with a forward-thinking and disruptive food-tech startup
- Forward-thinking who can suggest new ways of defining and understanding food and recipes, also can help to improve the internal categorisation system
- Have the ability to work remotely and to be self-motivating (as our HQ is based in London), and can converse well in English.
- You need to have strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel etc)/ Google Chrome/ Slack.
- 100% remote work / work from home (no commute)
- Full time (with optional overtime)
- Flexible time (must complete 40 hours per week)
If you are looking for a new position with more flexibility and working on a really amazing project, please get in touch.
Why work with us?
FoodStyles is built on continuous improvement, transparency and maximum momentum. We've built a company we truly love working for, and we think you will love it too.
Fast and data-driven decision making
Building on sound data is the norm. Many decision are based on assumptions, experience and intuition in order to keep momentum. Being clear about what the grounds are for decisions creates faster and more precise learning.
Encouraging debate and avoiding compromise
Encouraging passionate factual disagreement while avoiding consensus creates faster and better learning. The best solutions are often just based on just one side of the argument and requires you to get behind someone else’s idea.
Be authentic and good
Bureaucracy and politics are needed when people lack purpose and passion. It slows you down, costs money and decreases quality. Being authentic means embracing mistakes, disagreements and learning in order to fulfill a purpose. Trying to do good and assuming that other people have good intentions creates positive energy.
While we encourage people to come to the office, you can work from any place where you are the happiest and most productive.
We offer a very competitive, above market salary, also the possibility to get share options after a trial period.
Get in touch
We would love to hear about you, your background and what you've been up to recently. It takes less than 3 minutes.
If you know somebody that we’ll hire, you will be rewarded €2000
(only applies for developer positions)