Open remote position Remote Menu Curator / Food Specialist
We are searching for people who have a deep understanding of food ingredients and how food is prepared and cooked.APPLY NOW
Do you have a deep understanding of how food is prepared and cooked? Are you passionate about food ingredients? Come join us at FoodStyles. We're searching for food enthusiasts with a deep understanding of the industry.
We are a London-based tech start-up that is creating an app that pairs people with a curated list of dishes they can choose from depending on their cravings and lifestyle.
As a Menu Curator, you will be working remotely ( work from home ) on a daily basis and collaborate with our team. You will be given a list of restaurants, their menus, and dozens of dishes that need to be categorized. You should be able to use our tools to list every ingredient used in each dish and classify it using a categorization system we developed.
Must have relevant experience as follows:
- Currently looking for candidates who can speak Italian, German, Greek, Japanese, Thai, or Vietnamese
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Food Technology, Nutrition, Culinary Arts/Gastronomy (we want a bonafide foodie!)
- Direct experience working with ingredients, dishes and menus
- Ability to breakdown dishes and recipes into ingredients and components
- A deep understanding of food ingredients
- Experience with Western, Eastern and Middle Eastern menus, dishes and recipes
- Experience with creating menus and developing recipes
- A deep understanding of how dietary and allergy requirements affect the composition of a dish
- Have a desire to work with a forward-thinking and disruptive food-tech startup
- Forward-thinking who can suggest new ways of defining and understanding food and recipes, also can help to improve the internal categorisation system
- Have the ability to work remotely and to be self-motivating (as our HQ is based in London), and can converse well in English
- You need to have strong attention to detail
- Familiar with Google Products (Docs/Sheets)/ Google Chrome/ Discord
- 100% remote work / work from home (no commute)
- Full time (with optional overtime)
- Flexible time (must complete 40 hours per week)
If you are looking for a new position with more flexibility and working on a really amazing project, please get in touch.
Why work with us?
FoodStyles is built on continuous improvement, transparency and maximum momentum. We've built a company we truly love working for, and we think you will love it too.
Fast decision making. Driven by data.
Building on sound data is the norm. Lots of the decisions we make here are based on assumptions, experiences and intuition. That way, we sustain maximum momentum and know the grounds for decision-making. This has created an environment where we're all learning more precisely & more quickly.
More debate. Less compromise.
We encourage passionate, factual disagreement (not arguing!), but sometimes the best solutions are based on one side of a discussion. So, we aren't precious about our ideas, always getting behind a decision once one it's been made.
Being authentic and doing good.
If people lack purpose or passion, unwanted bureaucracy & politics becomes a necessary evil in most businesses. The way we see it though, both of these slow us down, cost us money and worsen the quality of our work. So, we always encourage authenticity; embracing our mistakes, accepting our disagreements and learning from each other. We all work with a shared purpose, so trying to do good and assuming that others also have good intentions creates an infectious positive energy.
Be happy at work!
Life is too short to be unhappy – or hungry! Although we encourage people to come to the office, you're free to work from any place where you feel happiest and most productive.
We offer a highly competitive, above-market salary & the possibility of share options after a trial period.
Get in touch
We would love to hear about you, your background and what you've been up to recently. It takes less than 3 minutes.
If you know somebody that we’ll hire, you will be rewarded €1000
(only applies for developer positions)