How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to promote and provide the FoodStyles service, to ensure the security of our websites, and to run our business. We have set out below more information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we share your personal information.
In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your request or order (e.g. needing your email address to create your account with us). If you do not provide that personal information we will not be able to process your request or order.
What information does FoodStyles collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you use our service (including through the app and a browser), our services and interact with us and our platform. We may also collect personal data about you without your direct input from the device(s) you use to access our service.
Information we may collect from you and about you include:
- Your name, username, and password
- Your address, email address, and phone number
- Your payment details
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- Technical information related to the device you use to access our service, including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your physical location (subject to the permissions settings on your device), browser or mobile browser type and version, timezone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, type of device, unique device identifier (including the IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network data, mobile operating system and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or use our software
- Records of your use of FoodStyles services and correspondence with us, including information about how you use our website or our software, including the elements you’ve clicked on through and from our website or our software (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling and clicks) and methods used to browse away from the webpage or the software
How does FoodStyles use your information?
We use your information as follows:
To fulfil a contract with you or take steps at your request before this:
- When you use our platform to access our services
- Providing information and technical support if you ask for this
- Contacting you with information about changes to services
- Handling credit card information provided through our websites using PCI-compliant payment services
- Storing and analysing your information in order to review and progress your job application if you apply to work with us
As required by FoodStyles to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Giving you access to our products or services
- Providing you with different content within a product or service, depending on how you use that product or service
- Letting you know about FoodStyles products and services by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and laws relating to direct marketing
- Analysing how you use FoodStyles products and services so we can improve our levels of service and develop future products and services, including through the use of surveys
- Ensuring the security of FoodStyles websites and information technology systems and protecting our rights.
Where you give us consent:
- Where we need your consent to process your sensitive personal information
- If we need your consent in order to send marketing for FoodStyles products and services to you
For purposes which are required by law:
- Sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which FoodStyles is subject.
How will FoodStyles share your information?
We share your personal details:
- Within FoodStyles in order to carry out the processing described above
- With third party service providers who process your information on FoodStyles’s behalf for the purposes above – such as payment processors, or IT service providers
- With any third party restaurant or other establishment with whom you choose to engage on the FoodStyles service
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of FoodStyles, our employees, our commercial partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
FoodStyles uses Google Analytics. You can find out more about how Google uses information that we share with it at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Managing your consent and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at email@example.com.
Storing your personal information
Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected, including outside of the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area. When transferring information to others we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data. To do this, we make use of standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the UK authorities and the European Commission with our suppliers, or we implement other similar measures required by laws around the world.
We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records. We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This includes keeping a record of your request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information, the right to restrict processing of your personal information, and the right to object to processing of your personal information. You have the right to object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of FoodStyles’s legitimate interests. You have the right to object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing. You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
The data controller for our websites, products and services is No Paper Menu Ltd. of 303 The Pill Box, 115 Coventry Road, London, E2 6GG. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Our ICO registration number is ZA321605.